An Author's Thoughts
THE AUTHOR
 
Paula Beaty

Name:
Paula Beaty

Location:
Baytown, Tx

I'm married with 2 wonderful children. My house seems to have become a zoo overnight, filling up with dogs and ferrets and who knows what else. I'm always on the go do this or that. After all, being a wife and mother is a full-time job. When do I get the chance to write you ask? Well I do my best to squeeze writing into my very hectic life. It's not easy sometimes but I manage to get it done. Somehow.

WIP's
 

Wolfe Investigations, Inc
Progress: 55%
(27374 - 50000)


Wolfe Investigations, Inc 2
Progress: 9%
(4359 - 50000)


School of Hard Knocks
Progress: 22%
(13410 - 60000)


Charisma Lost
Progress: 8%
(4947 - 60000)


CONTESTS
 

There are no contests at this time.


ON SALE NOW
 

Cover art (c) Kat Richards 2005
Available at
New Concepts Publishing
in e-book
$4.99
or
in paperback
$11.99


THE BEATY SHOP

PaulaBeaty dot com Teddy Bear
$14.99

PaulaBeaty dot com Mug
$12.99

Support This Site

Design and Sell Merchandise Online for Free

I love my host

Friday, January 19, 2007

Unproductive New Year

Okay so I have heard several authors who get angry because they lost their hard earned work because of a stupid computer...never thought I would be one. My laptop had a faulty battery or some such nonsense and my husband ended up having to reboot the whole thing(some nerdy computer blah). I therefore lost all my lovely work that was on the computer. Have lots of stuff on jump drives and disks, but had been writing here and there, little by little on a story called Bride For Hire. You guessed a wonderful 2 chapters disappeared into the great beyond. Everything else I think is recoverable because I am usually a write on paper then type it up kind of girl, but for some reason I wasn't with this story. I thought it was pretty wonderful stuff too. So where am I??? Back to the drawing board if I can ever get my mind free from all the life stuff going on. Buying a house...finding a new job....raising kids and trying to figure out why I work so hard and never have time to relax. Well to writing! I will remember to back up on jump drives from now on. I learn my lessons teh first time around. Or at least I hope I do.

Comments on "Unproductive New Year"

 

Blogger Angela's Designs said ... (6:07 PM) : 

Sorry to hear about that. Had difficulties long ago, and for awhile I was faithful about keeping backups.

 

post a comment
Content & Opinions © 2005 - 2006 Paula Beaty. Site Design by Angela Pritchard.